Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Ragnar Relay

Ashley, Madison, and Christian celebrating dad's finish!!
Mitch and his team at the finish line. There were 12 runners each with 3 legs of the race.
Thank heaven for M&M's. They kept the kids mostly occupied while the rain poured. The kids were great troopers!

He Did it! For fathers day Mitch gave himself very sore legs and a sleepless weekend. With a group of co-workers he ran in the Wasatch Back race from Logan to Park city. It was 188 miles over 5 mountain passes and it took his team 28 hours and 12 minutes. Is my man amazing or what!! He ran his 3 legs of the race with an average pace of 9:11/mile. It was so fun to watch him finish the race. It made me wish I could have been in the car with him during the event. Even with all the rain (there was a lot at the finish and the ride home) the family had a wonderful time celebrating Mitch. Way to go!

2 comments:

hOLLIANN said...

OMH - way to go Mitch. Could you tell me all about it, so I could pretend like I did it...we all know I would never do that for real!

Rie Rie said...

Way to go Mitch! A bunch of people I know did this, and I was so jealous! Even though it was raining and probably the hardest thing in your life it still looked fun! I would love to do it next year!