Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Funny things the kids do!

So Chun thinks he's a big kid. What ever his sisters do he should be able to do. For example Sunday dinner. We were all sitting down at the dinner table. Christian was in his highchair and Courtney was in the bouncy. We started eating and after maybe 5 min. Chun decided he was done. He has learned that when he wants out just say done. He hadn't eaten much and I really didn't want him out but after a long battle of trying to keep him seated I finely let him out. Immediately he got his bowl and spoon and stood next to me asking for more food. He wanted his place at the big kid table (we can all relate, remember the day you moved from the kids table to the grownup one, Thanksgiving has never been the same!) He pulled up the computer chair and was happy to eat more dinner as long as it wasn't in his highchair. The funniest part was that the next day when I put Courtney in the highchair for her lunch Christian was devastated! I mean reduced to tears and sobs and begging for his chair. He was on the floor crying. I reminded him that he wanted to be a big kid. Today he ate in his highchair 3 times and didn't complain once.

The other day Madison saw a commercial on TV for Obama. She asked me in all seriousness, "If you are President do you get to make important decisions?" I thought wow she is really thinking about what is going on and the impact you have. I explained that it depended on things. I then asked her what kind of decisions she thought you might make. Her reply, "Like if you made it that all drinking fountains had lemonade in them." Oh, the things that are important to an 8 year old!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Sweet - a new blog entry! I love to hear stories about your cute kids. BTW, we mentioned the other night at Sunday dinner that we are going to need a kid table pretty soon and Brooke gasped "Who will be sitting at it?" I had to reassure her the tiny kids would be there, not her!

Noah And Kai said...

That is so hilarious. I think it never goes away either. Just the other day I pulled out a box of "guys" (action figures) and told Addison he had to get rid of 20 (there are about 150 in there). He never plays with hardly any of them anymore. He was so devastated and was telling me how much he loved all of them.

hOLLIANN said...

What? I loved the kid table. My mom used to let us close the door, and we could tell all the off-color jokes imaginable. Okay, so that was usually left to my older college aged brother, but we usually ended that by dousing him with water...love the kids table!

Way cute post...and that Madison...she is so dang cute. I always see her over at the playground when I pick up Jaxon. She is always so cute to wave and say hi. I am usually wrangling all the kids!

Janette said...

That cracked me up. Lemonade in drinking fountains. What a cutie!