Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Birthday


I had a wonderful birthday. It's crazy to think I'm 33. Mitch likes to remind me that he is only 32. That won't last! It's been more like a birthday week (maybe even a month!!) The week before I was able to enjoy Chili's (my favorite) with Cathy and Mitch and I had a fun date night with the Gardener's going to a Jazz game. I was actually sick on my birthday but Mitch and my friends still made the day special. Brenda brought me the most delicious homemade chocolate cake. The girls were especially grateful because what is a birthday without a cake and candles (I must admit I love to blow out candles too.) Thank heavens she didn't put 33 on, it might have burned the house down. Kristen offered to watch the kids so Mitch and I could go out. I felt a little guilty leaving my kids with her on family night but not so guilty that I wouldn't. Mitch and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Goodwood! Delicious. Larry and Nancy joined us and it was sad Mom and Dad couldn't (Get better soon mom.) 33 isn't so bad. I couldn't be happier. I have the most amazing husband. He helps keep my young or at least pretend we're young, 4 (wow 4) wonderful children and the best family and friends you could ask for. Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

6 comments:

Ian and Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Megan! It sounds like you had a great day! Don't worry about the age...if we all lie about our age it makes it more difficult for people to figure out our really ages! You can count me in...I'm only 24! ;)

hOLLIANN said...

Happy Birthday! That picture is so cute!

Brenda said...

My cake, immortalized - I should have stacked it up and stuff, like a professional, fancy, cake baker! Can't wait to go to lunch this week - you just keep celebrating - you deserve a birthdya month!

Drapers said...

Happy Birthday Megan!! Just think you are catching up to me. lol. Steph:)

Noah And Kai said...

You look so pretty in that picture! Happy Birthday. I miss you guys lots.

Rie Rie said...

I found your blog through kristins. You look awesome! And Happy Birthday! It's funny how we all look the same just a little wiser.