Thursday, October 1, 2009

Soccer

Soccer season 09 has come to an end. It was so much fun. I hope the girls want to keep going with this sport. Ashley played on a 1st/2nd grade team while Madison played on a 3rd/4th grade team. Ashley loved playing goalie and her coach even said she was the best. She had no fear of jumping on the ball (I had enough for the both of us when her face would nearly get kicked). She scored one goal and loved making new friends. She ended the season taking a ball to the face leaving her with a bloody nose and bruised eye. She was a trooper and continued to play after a short break. Madison liked playing defender (less running she said). If they would learn to play positions there would always be less running! Someday. Maddie also scored a goal. Her friend Sophie was on her team and she even played a game against her cousin Colette. The weather was beautiful. I highly recommend Fall soccer and I loved watching the girls play and learn. There is something great about the atmosphere at kids sports.

Christian even got in on the action, he loved wearing his soccer outfit and was constantly asking when it was his game.


3 comments:

Noah And Kai said...

Addison was just looking at these pictures with me, and said, "Wow. She's grown up a lot." It made me laugh. We miss you guys and someday we really have to see each other! I'm still holding out for an arranged marriage... You up for it?

Drapers said...

Eventually they do learn positions. Being goalie must run in the family because Ryan loves that position, and he's good at it. We still have three more games this season.

Brenda said...

Loved the soccer seasons! It's a great sport!