Monday, September 8, 2008

Back to School!!

Westridge Elementary here we come!!



I'm ready too mom!


The kids are back in school and although I miss them lots, it's a good thing. School started on August 18th. The girls were so excited they were dressed and ready for their first day by 7:15. By 7:30 they had eaten breakfast and brushed their teeth. They even had their backpacks on. Of course school doesn't begin until 8:40 so the only problem was entertaining them until 8:20 when it was time to leave for school!! Christian wanted to get in on all the action too. He wanted a backpack so we found him his leapfrog bag (since Ashley did want to let go of her Hello Kitty bag) which did the trick. Finally the time came to leave. I walked them over with the little ones in the stroller. With Grandview closing there were lots of new kids and lots of cars. It was crazy busy around the school. The girls were excited to see their new teachers and begin class. Madison wanted hugs and kisses before I left her. It made me so happy and I'm not sure how much longer that will last. Ashley wanted to be a big girl. She kept telling us that she can walk to her class without Madison's help. She is a big girl and it sure is hard for me to watch her grow up. I am so proud of them both. The late bell rang as I hugged Ashley goodbye. I am looking forward to this year and all the great things to come. Once I arrived home I realized how different it will be with just me and the little ones home all day. A little peace and quiet I hope!

4 comments:

hOLLIANN said...

I bet you are so excited to not have one in Kindergarten...that year is brutal...drop them off just in time to pick them up.

Your girls look so dang cute. I love Madison's bag! I bet you made that. Let's get together for rock band soon.

Brenda said...

Those kids are so cute and the first day of school brings back such memories, it is always so exciting! Enjoy your peace and quiet with the babies!

Noah And Kai said...

Maddie and Ashley are so pretty! I showed the pictures to Addison and he said, "they look older." I think he assumes that when we don't see people, they must stay the same. We miss you guys. Next time we are there and things aren't so crazy (hopefully life will happen that way someday), I need to see you guys!

Janette said...

Oh, my gosh, Megan! Your little girl (Maddison?) looks EXACTLY like you!!! All your kids are adorable!