Monday, September 15, 2008

The men in my life


Today I thought I would write about the boys, I mean men in my life. Mitch and chun have had quite the week! We'll start with the good, Mitch. He was AWESOME in his softball game Wednesday. It had been a rough day (aka the bad) so Mitch gladly offered to take us out for a quick bite. We ended up grabbing Wendy's and eating at the ball park. Mitch wasn't feeling 100% and I told him we could just go home and miss the game. Luckily we didn't because Mitch had his best game ever! He hit a home run, made a double play and scored 4 runs (I don't know my baseball lingo but I think that's all right). He was on fire. His team won and they gave Mitch the game ball! It was a great evening minus trying to corral Chun and keeping Courtney happy. Courtney, who is a very mild tempered baby, let everyone in the park know she was there by screaming her lungs out for 15 min. straight!! Even the girls wanted her quiet.

Christian on the other hand had his most destructive week ever. He thought he would express his creativity with pen on wood, that would be hall door wood. He broke the head off our women praying statue (which broke my heart as it was from Mitch's grandmother). He also broke Madison's guitar which nearly destroyed her. Those were just a few of the standout moments. He also had a lot of classic Christian moments. Like throwing his fork across the restaurant and responding with a big uh oh! arms in the air and an innocent look in his eyes (that says to me how could that have happened?). There was the Uh Oh! how did my food end up on the floor, Uh Oh! how did the cat's milk get spilt. Uh Oh! how on earth did I end up on sister's top bunk with a bag of bread. Yesterday at church there was the Uh Oh, how did my frootloops end up 3 rows ahead of us. I wanted to spank him while Mitch wanted to see if the Yankees needed a pitcher. He makes me so crazy but the looks he gives are so darn cute. I know this is only the beginning but I like to pretend this is as bad as it gets. Thank heavens I love him to death!

4 comments:

Drapers said...

Congrats to Mitch on the homerun!
Do they (kids) ever grow out of the uh-oh's? Steph

Kristen said...

He takes his toddler job seriously. He does have an award winning smile though.

Brenda said...

Ha Ha - I love the bread in the top bunk! They are such little stinkers - those boys - at least he'll always be surrounded by sisters - they are the best tattlers!

hOLLIANN said...

That is so funny. he is a little cutie. I can only imagine what the boy gang i going to be like on this street!