Courtney got in on the action. She even liked the mailbox more than her stroller. I think it was because mom was holding her.
Who would have thought, Mitch does a pretty good headstand.
Kids, don't try this at home!
At least they weren't strangers.
Christian did not like the grass, our "M" wasn't quite complete.
Last night we had an awesome family night. It was simple yet creative and most of all the kids loved it! We got together with our friends the Francoms. Then we went on a "Ward Photo Scavenger Hunt" Each family came up with 6 tasks for the other family to complete. There were only a few rules. First, all tasks must be in the ward boundaries. Second, no more then 2 tasks can include people outside of family. Third, Each family member must think of a task. Fourth, you have 30 min. to complete 6 tasks, being late costs you a task. The winning family was crowned "Master Scavengers", although in the end we called it a tie. The adults got a good workout since we ran all over the ward and the kids laughed their heads off.
The Francoms gave us some great tasks. Hitch hiking, making letters with our bodies, playing dead, Mitch standing on his head while the kids were flowers, making silly faces in the neighbors windows and last of all and probably the favorite; putting Courtney in a mailbox! I'm sure people who saw us wondered what we were doing. We met back at our house to show the other family the photos and celebrate the fun with Rice Krispies treats. It was a GREAT evening. P.S. no kids were injured during this activity although we caused a real commotion during the hitch hiking task. Special thanks to Steve and Jodi for picking us up (couldn't have worked out more perfect!)


8 comments:
Sorry about deleting my comment, to many mistakes. Sounds like fun except that our ward is has 4 or 5 cities so we would have to drive. I especially like the picture of Mitch's headstand and Courtney in the mailbox. :-) Steph
Ha Ha Ha - too funny! Great pics - great activity!
That is great. I had no idea Mitch was so talented...I did think it was a little self-centered for him to have the kids help him make an M, but then I realized your last name is Macfarlane (sp?D) - ha ha!
That is a great idea! It sounds like so much fun! Love the picture of your cute little girl in the mailbox.
I love that family night idea. May have to "steal" it! ;) How fun!
What a fun night! I never seem to come up with something that clever - maybe because I start thinking about FHE on Monday night! It's great to keep up with your family via blogging!
Awesome idea. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment