Thursday, February 25, 2010

Maddie turns 10!

My baby girl turned 10 today. I can't believe it! She's a double digit now and it's going so fast. She is an amazing girl. Maddie loves to have fun and be happy. She is a great help around the house and especially with the little ones and she's a good friend. She DOESN"T enjoy doing homework (who ever does) but loves the reward of playing after. Her favorite subjects are math and science, they have a special day each month devoted to science projects and activities and she looks forward to it each month. She likes her MP3 player and to do her own hair but she still enjoys her stuffed animals and making paper animals and elaborate houses for them. She is a wonderful girl to have and I so enjoy her smiling face. Another great thing about Maddie is that she loves LOVES. She isn't to old to cuddle and want hugs and kisses (which is something I just adore).

The day started off with a delicious breakfast of waffles with ice cream & strawberries and sausage (Madison's favorite!) Everyone was thankful for her birthday and for dad's idea of ice cream. Then it was off to school. After school she went to activity days (another favorite). Because it was the music festival at school we didn't have much time to celebrate so it was a quick dinner of Macaroni Beef Casserole (once again a favorite) then off to the show.
A classic Maddie pose.

It was a late night but after the show we let her open her presents. An awesome pink CTR ring, some clothes and an apron! Madison had picked the fabric and I made it. It was so fun to work on this project and I hope she will always love it. I LOVE her and feel so blessed that
she choose to join our family 10 years ago. Happy birthday Maddie!!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

She is growing up!!!

Noah And Kai said...

I love that girl! Can you believe it's been 10 years since we sat and watched our babies roll around on the floor in your duplex? She's such a doll...

Mary Ann said...

I canNOT believe how mature and beautiful she looks in that last picture. Impossible that she's TEN!