Thursday, July 10, 2008

The key thief

Little boys do like trouble! Yesterday I couldn't keep Christian out of the pantry. He was into the cereal, sodas, his sisters craft box and just about everything else he could reach. Finely I used the lock, something we thought would be great because the kids wouldn't be able the raid the pantry. The key was where it always was, or was it? Later that afternoon I went to get the kids snack and surprise, surprise, no key. Christian has recently discovered keys (we find the van doors open or the car alarm going off all to often) but I didn't think about the plain old pantry door key. He did. We spent the afternoon and evening looking the house over for the keys. Mitch even spent considerable time trying to pick the lock with every tool possible. In the end we had to call a locksmith (for the pantry door, how lame is that!) Luckily our neighbor is one and willing to make a house call at 8:30. After picking the lock he was able to re key it for us. To the girls relief afternoon snacks, along with all our other food, are once again available! I'm sure we will come across the keys now that we don't need them. That's how life rolls, right!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

That is hilarious!!!! I can just see you telling the kids - no snacks today that aren't refrigerated, we can't get them - hee hee hee! Christian probably threw that key away, that's what my kids always did!

hOLLIANN said...

Megan - is this the first official super woman post?

That is so funny - needing a locksmith to eat. I would have thought Mitch would have just broken down the door!

Kristen said...

I am laughing so hard. What a little monkey. It's that huge smile of his that thankfully still melts your heart when he gets into troble.

Anonymous said...

You know, I remember hearing something along these lines about me, when I was his age.

You've heard it before. Mom couldn't find the keys for a week. When she offered money to whoever found the keys, I walked over to the drawer, pulled them out and gave them to her.

Good times, Good times.

Andrew said...

What a riot! Your Christian stories and pictures make us laugh every time-- we wish that we could be there more to see it for ourselves!